In connection with Basis Point Consulting and Herbert Smith Freehills, Cross Border Management is offering a workshop on the intricacies of Chinese deal-making & investment
China's surging out-bound investment is causing challenges for Australian property, investment and business professionals not attuned with the style of Chinese deal making and negotiation.
Why is there so much perceived "tyre kicking" among Chinese buyers? Why do so many deals fall apart at the last minute? Why do negotiations proceed in such a seemingly slow and circular fashion? What do Chinese deal-makers expect from 'the other side,' and how do you finesse your negotiations with Chinese counterparts.
This four hour workshop will demystify the process of attracting and negotiating with Chinese investors and buyers.
It is ideal for Australian firms dealing with Chinese investors, buyers, entrepreneurs, agents, distributors, corporations and state-owned enterprises.
CT Johnson was an executive and board member with Huawei Technologies, one of China's biggest corporations, working on their M&A team and as the Head of Contract & Negotiations.
CT brings his unique insights into Chinese deal making and buying decisions. As CT says, he's BEEN the deal maker in a Chinese company, and so knows how and what they think.
Location: Herbert Smith Freehills, ANZ Tower, 161 Castlereagh St, Sydney.
Time and Date: 11 August, Thursday 8.30am
registration. 9am to 2pm. (Includes 1 hour networking stand-up lunch and tea break)
Cost: $450 plus GST for early bird registrations. Thereafter $600 plus GST
Seating is limited, so please register as soon as possible
1. Explaining the Chinese perspective on deal making
2. Defining the biggest issues in closing deals with Chinese investors
3. Explaining the way Chinese people think about deals and negotiations
4. Telling you what the Chinese want, and what they fear, and what's driving them when they're making a deal
5. Learning how to deal with the Chinese and keep them coming back to invest with you over and over again
6. Telling you what's going on behind the most common problems afflicting cross-border asset and investment purchases
7. Exploring the cultural issues driving these common problems
8. Discovering ways to avoid or recover from problems that wreck deals with Chinese investors
Who should attend this workshop?
This workshop is perfect for investment and financial professionals who are working with and selling to Chinese clients.
The workshop is also a "must attend" for professionals serving the investment market, including, senior business executives, trade negotiators, wealth management advisers, property developers, real estate agents, visa agents, accountants, and lawyers, property managers and other consultants.
What will attendees get out of this workshop?
- You will have your limiting beliefs that keep you from effectively negotiating with the Chinese market (e.g. I have to speak the language) debunked
- You will get a simple, powerful framework for understanding – and closing deals with – Chinese clients and investors
- You will leave with clear insights on how Chinese make their investing decisions
- You will learn a clear process for negotiating with Chinese buyers and investors
- You will discover how to successfully manage your Chinese clients and keep winning business from them in the future
HERBERT SMITH FREEHILLS
Wherever you are in the world, Herbert Smith Freehills will work at the heart of your organisation and your sector to help you capitalise on opportunity and navigate complexity, protect you against risk and uncertainty, and help you to thrive in a world that is rich with new possibilities.
Operating from 25 offices, our M&A team provides market-leading capability on public and private mergers and acquisitions with particular strength and expertise in cross-border, high-value, complex M&A activity across a number of global industry sectors, including energy, natural resources, infrastructure, technology and financial services.